Paul Frank aspires to nothing more than a fun lifestyle brand, so that's the message we relayed with every Facebook ad, Pin of the Day, and tweet. Fans ranged from loyalists who bought the first Julius monkey wallets in Huntington Beach to so many Thai citizens that 1 in 100 residents of Bangkok liked the Facebook page (even more after our Paul Frank Loves Thailand Sweepstakes). To cater to all of them, I adjusted the brand voice from uncomfortably quirky — it was weird — to punny and celebratory. By establishing good rapport with the digital marketing manager and head creative director, they listened, and together we adapted the tone and messaging. The result: Fans grew by almost a million in those 17 months, and engagement rates skyrocketed.
- Wrote copy and coordinated graphics with the Creative Director of Saban Brands every week to create posts that engaged fans, promoted product launches, and supported other marketing endeavors — occasionally, and ideally, all at the same time.
- Developed an international strategy, writing (and translating) unique content for European and Asian target markets.
- Conceived and ran monthly sweepstakes, contests, and advertising campaigns, increasing the fan base by nearly 1m targeted users.
- Live-tweeted — and -Instagrammed — events, including but definitely not limited to launch parties, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, and prosocial fundraisers.
- Researched industry and competitor trends, generated reports, and analyzed data to support the Saban Brands marketing department.