Women's Healthcare Associates made a name for themselves by providing quality, caring, and efficient healthcare to women throughout the Portland, Oregon area — not through their branding. When I began copywriting for them, WHA had no style guide, decade-old marketing messages, and a dream to sound "something like Mayo Clinic" in their brand voice.
I built their blog and Facebook page from scratch, and in the process developed personas and a tone that brought humor and life to their brand while maintaining a voice of medical authority.
- Grew their engaged Facebook audience by 7,500+ fans.
- Wrote and optimized 90 posts to their "Wellness Journal," a blog rich in SEO keywords and medical advice.
- Launched sweepstakes and contests that celebrated motherhood, womanhood, and good health, reaching hundreds of thousands of women in the area.
A leader in Mazda aftermarket parts, CorkSport has a good reputation and a large presence on social networks, but for years they struggled to monetize their audience.
With a team of web developers, I created an ecommerce strategy that supported new product launches to engage fans while increasing CorkSport's sales. Using Adroll retargeting, an array of Facebook ad units, and segmented e-mail newsletters, in six months we increased revenue from Facebook referral traffic by +300% and generated thousands of leads.
- Sold out of a new $1,099 product within 12 hours of launch.
- Optimized Facebook ads had a 3.966% Click-through-rate.
- Segmented monthly e-mails had a 47.2% open-rate.
From March 2012 to August 2013 I managed the Paul Frank digital communities on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest — launching the latter two platforms.
From its founding, Paul Frank has aspired to be nothing more than a fun lifestyle brand, so that's the message my community managers and I relayed with every Facebook ad, Pin of the Day, tweet, and pro social campaign. We adjusted the brand voice and messaging from uncomfortably quirky to punny and celebratory in order to cater to wide array of fans from all over the world. I worked alongside Paul Frank's digital marketing manager and head creative director, and after 17 months Facebook fans had grown by almost a million, and engagement rates on every social network skyrocketed.
- Paul Frank Loves Thailand campaign: With 1 in 100 Bangkok residents already a fan of the Facebook page, I worked with local retailers to host and translate copy for a country-wide sweepstakes that brought in tens of thousands additional Thai fans.
- Paul Frank Art Attack: We teamed up with Juxtapose Magazine (and in later years, Blick Art Materials) to host a fan art contest and raise money for public school art programs.
- Paul Frank Role Model: Through Facebook advertising and social promotion, we supported a "role" model search for a new Paul Frank fashion line, accruing almost 1,000 entries.